Sunday, October 20, 2013

What is happening?!?


I have no idea what I am doing. I love my kid (because he's is the cutest thing ever created), but I'm not sure he even likes me. We spend most of our days negotiating sleep, confirming poop and eating. 

The quick introduction... I'm Mum or Mummy (not Mom or Mommy). I used to be Melanie, creative writer and loving wife, but those titles seem to be fading away even my dear husband calls me 'Mummy'... 'Mummy someone needs a bum change', 'Oh, Mummy baby is hungry' and 'Yo, Mum where's the milk?' most uttered with an adorable Tommy-Esque voice.

Tommy (Thomas, Tom, little Man, Wee Man, fussypants... Etc.) is my baby boy, my first born, the light in my eyes... etc. etc. He was yanked out of my belly during an emergency C-section on July 29th at 8:39a. He weighed a whopping 8lbs 15.7oz, which surprised all of us (he was predicted 13+). He is now 12 weeks old and gets cuter on the daily (cuter=not crying all the time). In fact my little nugget is sound asleep on my chest as I type... Which is kinda of my favorite thing despite all the 'rules' (never let your kid fall asleep on you and/or don't rock your baby to sleep, which I happily do daily and, like a child, I stick my tongue out at all the naysayers).

I could fill pages describing him in great detail, but a picture is worth a thousand words...



Need more?


You're welcome.

Next is Dad, he's my loving husband and former man of the house (replaced by the baby, not some unfortunate event). He's a warehouse manager and a big kid, which proved to be good practice for Thomas. He's my best friend and I love him so much... despite what future posts may say (I'm going to work to share honest situations, which will include celebrations AND frustrations). He loves my son and it melts my heart when I catch them in a heated debate.

... in Ninja Turtle Pants *swoon*

It's just the three of us tucked in a 2 bedroom townhouse, one block from our best friends and 45-minutes from my in-laws. 

I need my community of Moms to keep me sane... What better way to connect than by sharing my stories and asking for theirs? 

My next and final note, because someone is waking up and he's hungry, please leave comments... Share with me as I share with you.

Love & Giggles

Mummy







No comments:

Post a Comment