Sunday, October 20, 2013

Boob?

Breast feeding is weird. Full stop.

I'm pro-boob, but only cause it works for us. Tommy came out smacking his lips and took to the boob with ease. I struggled, I mean I had plenty of milk, but no nozzle (it's inverted). His persistence (and my midwives) are the only reason we made it work... That and a magical nipple shield (a fancy little plastic thing that allows baby to latch). Oh and I am cheap... formula was an expense and I wanted to avoid that cost.

Yes there are a million benefits, but I'm not here to preach... Do what works and this works for us, but it's weird.

This little junky can't get enough, just the smell of it and his eyes roll back into his head and he cries until I gear up. Then he gets on with things and his whole body relaxes... Except his busy little feet, I can feel them tickling my free arm while he eats. And his hands are always trying to help, occasionally smacking the boob to keep things flowing.

It's just weird.

A little person getting all his nutrients from my breast while I blog about the oddity of it. 

It's weird and sweet... It's such an innocent moment, sometimes he dozes off, sometimes his eyes are wide and curious, sometimes he passes out, we call it milk drunk; glazed over eyes, small sighs between short breaths... Honest bliss.

I use this moment to bask in his cute and pick at him... Fix his hair, bite his nails and clean his ears... Weird.

And funny... Once we both fell asleep while nursing, he woke up first thrilled no one had cleared the table and tried to go for seconds... With just his tongue, I woke confused and embarrassed while Richard looked on and laughed. 

To conclude... Boobs=weird=good.

Love!

Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment