Friday, November 1, 2013

De-thwarted

Last I wrote I had given up on my fitness dream, because I just couldn't afford it. Well I worked it out and joined LA Fitness... A brand new '*man' gym in Burlington.

It has lots of classes, a pool and hot tub and unlimited daycare. 

Today was my first day... What a trip, my 20 minute workout turned into 3 hours of lugging Thomas around, singing in, changing, driving, last minute diAper change, and shopping and going back for the diaper bag. 

And I loved it! It was the first time I've felt like myself since I got knocked up. I hit that machine hard (for 20 minutes). I didn't have to take it easy, slow down or restrain myself... All things doctor orders while pregnant and in recovery. 

I love being a Mum, but sometimes I don't have time to be me between diaper changes and nursing.

Oh and I was 'that Mum' when I left Thomas... I hesitated, kissed his cheek a dozen times, teared up all while he slept peacefully in his car seat the same place I found him 20minutes later... He slept through my biggest anxiety. That's my boy.

Tomorrow I take on a step class... This time without Tommy. He's staying home with grandma... Another scary first, but I want him to be ok without me, which means time away.

I am excited to start another weight loss journey... 30 pounds to lose. 

Wish me luck!!




*man gym = hardcore gym where fit people go to get fitter and it's filled with muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment